Our naturalists along with regional botanists will be leading a floral and bird quest to the UNESCO World Heritage site of The Valley of Flowers National Park — Uttarakhand. Situated in the upper expansions of Bhyundar Ganga in the far interior of Garhwal Himalayas, the valley is at an altitude of is 3,250 M to 6,750 M above sea level. Mountainous, meadows & spectacular views with the river Pushpawati flowing through the conical shaped vale.
Lush alpine meadows are crisscrossed by shepherd trails and punctuated by waterfalls. One of the first European mountaineers,Smythe, when he stumbled upon this valley with a profusion of flowers, he became so profoundly affected that he named it Bhuindhar, a famous name nowadays. His subsequent writings on the valley evoked a great deal of interest among people, both at home and abroad.
The valley is full of high Himalayan flowering herbs. Some of the most conspicuous flowering plants that the visitors can enjoy are Purple Ipomea, Staurts primrose, Musk thistle, Stalked gentiana, Himalayan poppies blue and yellow, Himalayan lily, Himalayan rose, and the brahmkamal. The prominent species are Brahma Kamal, Anemone, Geranium, Marsh marigold, Prinula, Lilium, Potentilla, Ranunculus, Inula, Corydalis, Pedicularis, Arisaema, Ligularia, Morina, Impatiens, Saxifrages Bistorta, Anaphalis, Sibbaldia.
The valley is home to over 161 Himalayan bird species. Notable amongst them are Grandala, Himalayan Bluetail, Dark-sided Flycatcher, Eurasian Wren, Silver-eared Mesia, Variegated Laughing-thrush, Common Hill Partridge, Himalayan Snowcock, Black Francolin, Himalayan Monal, Golden Eagle etc.
The valley is rich in high altitude mammals such as Bharal, Ghoral and Thar. Musk deer and Himalayan Brown Bear too are reported but rare.
25th of July 2018:- Arrival Joshimath
ArriveJoshimath in the evening free to relax and acclimatize.
Joshimath(altitude 1800 mtrs) is a small town in the Garhwal hills on the banks of Alaknanda River. This place is very famous for Sankracharya temple and is also a hub for many mountaineering and trekking expeditions in Garhwal Himalayas.
Overnight at Joshimath (D).
26th of July:-Joshimath to Govindghat (Drive)
Post early breakfast, you drive from Joshimath to Govindghat
Govindghat to Ghanghria (trek)
Govindghat is a small hamlet situated on the confluence of Alaknanda and roaring Laxman Ganga and start point for the fully escorted trek.
Govindghat to Ghanghria (base village for Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib) is a beautiful trek route with magnificent views and river accompanying you throughout. Hot lunch on the trek route.
In the late afternoon, arrive at Ghanghriaon the banks of Laxman Ganga Ghanghriaon .
Overnight stay at Ghanghria (B, L, D).
27th of July:-Day visit to Valley of Flowers(Max Altitude 3658 mtr)
Post breakfast, we start our fully escorted trek to Valley of Flowers.
· The first part of the trek is through the thick forest along the Pushpavati River.
· Later we trek in the open meadows.
· Arrive and explore the area.
· Witness several varieties of rare flowers including Blue Poppy, Potentilla, Geranium and hundreds of others.
· Full day to explore the valley.
· Packed lunch on the trail.
· Return to Ghanghria in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Overnight stay at Ghanghria (B, L, D).
28th of July:-Day Ghanghria toGovindghat (trek)
· Post breakfast, we start our downhill trek back from Ghanghria to Govindghat.
· Hot lunch on the trek route.
· From Govindghat, drive to Joshimath.
· Time permitting, late afternoon and evening free to explore Joshimath town, market area and sightseeing including Sankaracharya Math, Kalpavriksha, Narsimha temple, etc.
Overnight at Joshimath (B, L, D).
29th of July:- Depart
· Post early breakfast, depart onward distention.
For the above 04 nights and 05 days tour/ per person on double/ twin share basis cost for minimum 5 participants — INR 23600/-
Hotel/ Homestay Envisaged:
Joshimath — Himalayan Abode –02 nights.
Ghanghria — Valley of Flower Holiday Home — 02 nights.
1. Accommodation for 04 nights at lodge/ Homestay mentioned above on twin share basis.
2. All meals as indicated in the itinerary as B, L, D (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
3. All transport from Joshimath to Joshimath(4 guests in 1 taxi)
4. All entry and fees in Valley of Flower
5. Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local trekking guide (01 guide for up to 10 pax)
6. Charges to carry client’s personal luggage (Rs350 per day, per person for 1 piece of soft luggage, max 10 kg)
7. Service of English speaking local naturalist/guide for Joshomath to Joshimath.
8. All applicable taxes at the time of quoting.
1. Travel from City of Origin to trip start point (Joshimath or Haridwar) and back.
2. Accommodation in Haridwar, Dehradun or Rishikesh. At extra cost, we can arrange the same
3. Travel Insurance or any other kind of insurance(Trekkers are advised to obtain applicable insurance on own)
4. Costs and expenses for medical treatment in case of evacuation or in case of any medical condition or emergency or otherwise for any reason
5. Extra charges will be payable for single occupancy (Rs. 3,000) or twin sharing occupancy (Rs. 1,500) for trip
6. Any accommodation, travel or transport (or any change or upgrade) outside of itinerary for any reason
7. Hire charges for mules if hired by trekkers for personal ride (Rs. 800 per mule per day)
8. Charges for hot water at Ghanghria (Rs 50 per bucket). Hot water is available at Joshimath
9. Entry tickets to Valley of Flowers for foreign nationals
10. Charges to carry camera/video equipment inside Valley of Flowers
11. Meals other than B,L,S,D as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, other beverages or drinks
12. Charges for ropeway, chair-car, helicopter ride or any sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
13. Any expense of personal nature or any gifts, sightseeing, tips or donations
14. Any drinks, tips for the guide, porters, cook, helpers, driveretc
15. Any other cost or expense which is not specifically included in the price inclusion
Itinerary order may change however number of days and general programme will remain the same
BOOKING & CANCELATION POLICY:
Booking Conditions: A 50% advance confirms your trip with us. Balance needs to be deposited at least 30 days before trip date.
· Less than 15 days before the arrival date — no refund
· Less than 20 days before the arrival date — 60% refund
· Less than 25 days before the arrival date — 75% refund
· No refund in case of road block, accident, no show etc
Important Note: In case of any revision in government tax structure or fuel prices, Vanghat reserves the right to revise the tour price. However, marginal revision in tour price will be absorbed by us.
Getting to Joshimath from Delhi
By Air — The fastest way to reach Joshimath from New Delhi is to flyfrom New Delhi to Dehradun then take Taxi from Dehradun to Joshimath a distance of 254 km.
By Train –The most convenient from New Delhi is to take DehradunJanshatabdi from New Delhi to Dehradun then take taxi to Joshimath.
By Road–Delhi-Ghaziabad-ModiNagar-Meerut-Khatauli-Muzaffarnagar-Roorkee-Haridwar-Rishikesh — Rudraprayag–Joshimath.Total distance — 508 km.
For more information contact us at: 9536702777 / 9719243939
Photo Credits — Dushiyant Parashar
Visit us at — www.vanghat.com