We normally hear about a fall in the number of wild animals or birds due to loss or deterioration of their habitat, but a recent survey of Lesser Florican populations in the Ajmer District shows a surprising increase in their number. This rare bird is found in the western parts of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and in central and northern parts of Gujarat. During the last few years a sharp fall in their number was observed in all the areas except the Velavader area of Gujarat. The reason being loss of their habitat, i.e. grasslands andUrad (black gram) fields. Private grasslands were converted to cultivated fields due to the ever increasing demand for food grains. Cultivation of Urad was replaced by cultivation of Soya beans and other cereals. Government grasslands are mostly of poor quality and not preferred by the birds. The bird depends on larvae and insects found in fields and grasslands. The use of chemical pesticides in field crops badly affects them. Soya bean crops need frequent spraying of these chemicals resulting in loss of bird population.
17thof August 2018:- Arrive Ajmer
Arrival at Ajmer train station at afternoon, meet our representative and transfer to lodge. Lunch followed byshort rest. Birding in the local habitat.
Overnight at Ajmer Bungalow (L, D).
18thof August 2018:- Birding excursion in Nasirabad
Full day drive, Breakfast, lunch, tea and coffee included.(lunch organized at BhinaiGarh, a family run heritage property)
Overnight at Ajmer Bungalow (B, L, D).
19thof August 2018:-Departure
Post breakfast transfer to Ajmer train station.
For the above 02 nights and 03days tour, per person on double/ twin share basis cost for minimum 5 participants – INR 23600/-
Single room supplementary cost – INR 5500/-
Ajmer Bungalow – 02 nights.
- Accommodation for 02 nights at the lodge mentioned above on twin share basis.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary as B, L, D (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Transport from Ajmer to Ajmer by AC vehicle – Up to 4 guests in 1 Vehicle.
- Service of English speaking local naturalist/guide for full trip.
- 02 Jeep safari at Nasirabadarea agriculture fields.
- All entry and camera fee.
- All applicable taxes at the time of quoting.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as telephone calls, tips, use of payable items in room, mini bar, any kind of alcoholic non-alcoholic beverages (unless specified).
- Air Fare.
- Cost incurred in obtaining visa, insurance etc.
- Cost incurred in case of hospitalization or evacuation.
- Tips gratuities given to drivers/ guides, restaurant waiters etc.
- Please note that in case of any revision in government tax structure or substantial fuel hike we reserve the right to revise the tour cost. However, marginal difference will be absorbed by us.
- Itinerary order may change, however number of days and general program will remain the same
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY:
Booking Conditions: A 50% advance confirms your trip with us. Balance needs to be deposited at least 30 days before trip date.
- Less than 15 days before the arrival date – no refund
- Less than 20 days before the arrival date – 60% refund
- Less than 25 days before the arrival date – 75% refund
- No refund in case of road block, accident, no show etc
- The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain travel insurance upon booking.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in.
- The inclusion of extra bed with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the lodge. The standard check-in time is 1 PM and the standard check-out time is 11 AM.
- The room tariff includes all taxes. The amount paid for the room does not include charges for optional services and facilities (such as room service, mini bar, snacks or telephone calls). These will be charged at the time of check-out.
- The hotel/lodge reserves the right of admission. Accommodation can be denied to guests posing as a couple if suitable proof of identification is not presented at check-in. Rural Traveller will not be responsible for any check-in denied by the hotel/lodge due to the aforesaid reason.
Important Note: In case of any revision in government tax structure or fuel prices, Vanghat reserves the right to revise the tour price. However, marginal revision in tour price will be absorbed by us.